Thursday 25 August 2011

Is it 10 years ALREADY!!?

I remember exactly where I was the day the news broke that Aaliyah had tragically died in a plane crash :(

I didn’t cry but was significantly affected by the news. Growing up on Aaliyah’s music, being amazed by her beauty and dance moves, she was the 1st celebrity I looked up to and I remember having the concept in my mind at the time that, ‘famous people don’t die’

For the next year I drenched myself with past Aaliyah albums, video’s and pictures, putting up posters from ‘Right On’ and ‘Word Up’ magazine as tribute in my room.

Thinking of the great music she made, I wonder where she would be now in the music biz if she was still alive… Would she have that Beyonce’s status (She was with Damon Dash at the time remember), would she be a Ciara, Keri Hilson, Rihanna… who knows. All I do know is that I miss her sweet voice, classic RnB dance moves; that oozed sex appeal without too much effort and likable character that she maintained throughout her time on this earth.

Time flies and knowing that Aaliyah passed a decade ago makes me more determined to chase those dreams to the fullest, take chances and never take anything for granted, because you never know when God might call for another angel…






No comments: