Friday 2 November 2012

Snoop Lion's first 'Reggae' single


One, two, three and to the four, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Doctor Dre is OUT the door!

A few weeks back we heard the bizarre and rather cray news that Snoop had changed his name from Snoop Dogg to Snoop Lion, to reflect his conversion to Rastafarianism. He declared to the world that he was ditching Hip Hop to make sweet sweet Reggae. On the video premier for his new documentary, Reincarnation, Snoop says, 'F**k Snoop Dogg, don't think about none of the sh*t he rapped about, hustling, making money, drug dealing and shooting. All that s**t be outta here.' The intimate documentary makes a solid case for his conversion to Rastafarianism as a sincere personal and professional decision.

To be honest, I laughed back then when I heard the news as I wasn't sure if he was serious, but today I laughed even harder because I realised he was!

Driving into work, I heard a snippet of Snoop's new 'Reggae' (I use that term VERY loosely) music play on the radio. I expected it to be bad but flip me, he has really out done himself. This is beyond crap! All the years of weed smoking have really fried his brain. This music right here is a mockery to Reggae, Jamaica.... The world! Snoop's first song is called 'La La La.' Are you feeling it?

No comments: