Sunday 4 July 2010

Why did Drake cancel European tour?


As most of you will know, Drake recently pulled out of European tour and his appearance at the O2 Wireless Festival which took place today (4th July 2010) in London's Hyde Park. Drake's sudden pulling out resulted in us seling our Wireless tix. Sounds a lil crazy right? But he was literally the reason we bought them in the 1st place. We were given no explanation from the O2 Wireless organisers as to why Drake was no longer gonna be there... but now it has come to light that his mother is not well and is about to undergo surgery and he wants to be by her side to support her.

Drake issued a statement explaining why he made the decision to skip the overseas dates in order to support his mother.

"Despite my best hopes, it is apparent that my mother will need surgery earlier than anticipated," the statement read. "In light of this news, I have made the difficult decision to cancel my European tour in order to support her during her recovery, just as she supported me through the years. I cannot thank my European fans enough and look forward to performing abroad soon. I ask everyone to please respect my family's privacy during this time."

During a recent MTV documentary special, Drake admitted that his mother was ill and was battling a sickness, however, he did not reveal what she was suffering from and has only asked for us to keep her in our prayers via twitter.

"Back at my moms house ... please include her in your prayers tonight as tmrw she faces a true challenge."

We would just like to take this time to wish Drake's mother a speedy recovery and we hope her surgery is a success.. x


No comments: